The world is gripped with the pandemic and there is fear all around. Even I panicked for a day two because my cousin who dines with us, had to be evacuated from Italy. But soon after a trek in the wilderness I was filled with positivity. That’s the power of nature and exercise.
Personally, I feel the best way to stay optimistic is to count your blessings. So, as earlier I started to jot down my blessings. Here are a few of them…
- the bright and lively sunrise that I witness from my balcony
- the colourful and enticing flowers blooming in the spring
- new leaves taking life that are tantalised by the kiss of fresh air
- the chirping of the birds perched on the trees around
- the beetles, ants, and other insects scurrying in the nooks and boughs of plants and trees
- the stray dogs who come for a belly-rub in the afternoon and later in the night demand their grub with all the right
- the beautiful terrace garden of our house
- the numerous trees to climb-on and receive the exquisite ‘Tree Therapy’ in these stressful times…absolutely ‘free’!
- The admins from my trek group who remain upbeat
- the jungles of Aravallis in the close vicinity of my house
- the stress free environment in my house inspite of my daughter’s ongoing Board exams
- my non-studious daughter studying diligently for her exams
- having dinner with a jing-bang of 10-12 family members everyday…it is a perfect stress buster
- ample time at hand while the students are not in school
- getting time to strengthen the bonds with friends and colleagues
- time to read books that I had stowed away due to paucity of time
- a brilliant chance to stitch an intricate pattern for the next bedcover
- a chance to appreciate and thank the medical fraternity and the government for their tireless work in these testing times
- time to ponder and accept the magnanimity and might of mother Nature
- my power to chant for the happiness and good heatlh of all the people
- my decision not to forward any message that creates panic or makes people anxious
Gosh! I am amazed. The list is increasing by leaps and bounds. I am truly the blessed one.
You too, start counting your blessings to stay positive. Let’s beat the monster of Corona virus with our prayers, positivity and caution!!